Escape the Northeast next winter and spend a week at the Blue Osa, a beachfront paradise on the Osa peninsula in Costa Rica, one of the most bio-diverse regions in the world. Come nourish your mind, body and soul on this unforgettable journey. With 13 rooms and a capacity for 28 guests, this intimate beachfront eco-resort offers the ultimate sanctuary if you’re seeking solace from the hectic world. Nestled off-the-beaten-path in the virgin Costa Rican rainforest of the Southern Osa Peninsula, guests have an endless selection of quiet places to meditate and reflect. 50 meters away from the waves, you can see the private beach while practicing yoga from our elegantly designed second floor Yoga Studio. On site, there is also a chemical-free lap pool for an afternoon swim. Built from the ground up as a sustainable micro-grid that runs mostly on solar power, Blue Osa intends to leave the smallest carbon footprint possible. Eco-friendly not only in design, Blue Osa Beach Resort encourages guests to be mindful by implementing a morning silence to a pre-dinner ritual of presenting the food during their freshly prepared organic farm-to-table communal meals. For full relaxation, there is also a full-service spa offering Blue Osa signature facials and body scrubs. Massage practitioners offering therapies such as Thai and Deep Tissue Massage. A Chinese Medicine acupuncturist is also available.
ABOUT THE RETREAT
Ramsay and Sammy will offer two yoga classes a day (morning and late afternoon), along with extra specialty classes/mini-workshops (TBD by interest & time availability). Both the morning and afternoon sessions will vary in style and format ranging from active vinyasa-style yang yoga to gentle, slow-flow classes incorporating elements of Yin and Restorative yoga, pranayama and meditation. We will incorporate philosophy discussion and mindfulness teachings into time before and/or after classes.
The yoga classes that we offer will be appropriate for all levels of students as we will offer the chance to modify or add on when appropriate. So whether you are a beginner or advanced student, we will work with you at your level to provide a week of challenge and growth. During the day, you will have the freedom to spend your time as you choose….treating yourself to a massage, napping, reading, sun bathing or going on an adventure tour (hiking, surfing, zip lining, waterfall rappelling, chocolate tours and more).
A TYPICAL DAY
Each day begins with a period of silence until 7:30 am.
5:00-7:30 Coffee and natural teas
7:30 Light Breakfast
8:30-10:30 am Yoga practice & meditation *
Afternoon Free time or time for excursions
4:30-6:30 pm Yoga practice & meditation *
*Our yoga classes will often begin with “Dharma Discussions”, an opportunity to dive deep into the sutras and talk about the role this ancient philosophy plays in our daily, modern lives.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THIS YOGA RETREAT
• 8-days and 7-nights of eco-friendly accommodations at a premier Costa Rican Eco Resort
• Miles of secluded jungle beach front along which to walk, run, surf or swim
• Delicious farm-to-table meals and a snack each day, using fresh, locally-sourced ingredients, and fresh bread baked daily. Daytime meals are primarily vegetarian, while evening meals may include meat or fish.
• Daily yoga classes and meditation
• Hotel Taxes
• $50 gift certificate towards a spa service
• Complimentary cocktail party before dinner on day of arrival
• Complimentary special dinner featuring international tapas
• Complimentary jungle hike with in-house guide
• Organic farm-tour at Blue Osa
• Daily housekeeping service
• Open-air yoga studio
• Chemical free lap pool
• Airport transfer from Puerto Jimenez airport to Blue Osa and return
**HERE IS IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT HOW TO GET TO BLUE OSA and booking your travel**
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
• Cost of any excursions, including the separate cost of transportation to and from the excursion.
• Spa services
• Beer, wine, or other specialty beverages, which are available at the bar for an additional fee.
• Costa Rica departure tax of $29/person. (most airlines include this now in their fee
Quad Occupancy: $1650 per person* (2 available)
Triple Occupancy: $1750 per person* (2 available)
Double Occupancy: $1925 per person* (7 available) Single Occupancy: $3195 (1 available)
* If you are traveling with a friend or friends and want to room together in a double, triple or quad, please let us know.
Out of necessity, we have a strict cancellation policy. All retreat payments are non-refundable as we will be obliged to fulfill our reservations with the resort the moment you reserve with us.
FAQ’s re: Blue Osa Retreat
Retreat limited to 28 students max.
We will begin taking reservations in June. For more information and questions, or to let us know with whom you are traveling, e-mail Ramsay at email@example.com